RB Leipzig hope to complete a move for Barcelona’s Dani Olmo in the summer despite Raheem Sterling rumours. The German club have been linked with a £30m bid, but Reds boss Jurgen Klopp wants to keep his valuable asset at Anfield.
The “Dani Olmo’s Barcelona move from RB Leipzig in doubt amid Raheem Sterling link” is a story that has just been released. Dani Olmo, the midfielder who was on loan at Leipzig for this season, has been linked with a move to Manchester City and Liverpool.
Discover all of the significant transactions and see how we ranked the biggest acquisitions during the summer transfer season, which was unlike any other. Even if the window is closed until January, the rumors will continue to circulate. Here’s the most recent rumors and conjecture.
Olmo’s Barca transfer is in jeopardy, according to the latest news.
Dani Olmo’s transfer from RB Leipzig to Barcelona had appeared all but certain for a long time, but El Nacional now claims that the deal is in jeopardy.
When the Blaugrana sought to recruit him at the conclusion of the summer transfer window, the midfielder, who came through Barca’s La Masia program, made it plain that he wants to play at Camp Nou.
However, owing to Barcelona’s interest in Manchester City’s Raheem Sterling, the Spain international is reportedly having second thoughts.
Because of Barcelona’s intentions, Olmo is scared that he may be overlooked by the Catalans.
Manchester United has long been interested in signing Olmo, and although the Red Devils are aware that his favorite choice has always been to join Barcelona, he might suddenly choose to join them.
They are hoping for a swift decision from the 23-year-old, in the hopes that Barcelona would bring Sterling in so they can sign him.
Xavi Hernandez is worried about this, since he feels he will not be able to sign either of the players he wishes to play on the wings at Camp Nou.
Xavi has revealed that he favors Olmo over Sterling, but that he wants to sign the Englishman in January before bringing in the Spaniard in the summer. However, it does not seem that this will be practicable.
Dani Olmo’s transfer to Barcelona is in jeopardy. Getty Images/Mario Hommes/DeFodi Images
– LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, FA Cup, and more on ESPN+ (U.S.) – Watch ESPN FC every day on ESPN+ (U.S. only) – Don’t have access to ESPN? Get immediate access
GOSSIP ON PAPER
– According to Le10Sport, Arsenal has joined AC Milan in expressing interest in Lille midfielder Renato Sanches. While the Gunners have yet to make a bid for the Portugal international, it is said that they have shown an interest in him and may make an offer in the coming weeks. Various sites have connected him with Wolverhampton Wanderers in recent months.
– According to Nicolo Schira, Fluminense have began discussions with Thiago Silva’s agency in the hopes of bringing him back after he departed for AC Milan in 2007. While the centre-Chelsea back’s contract expires in 2022, he remains committed to the club, with talks on a contract extension expected in the coming weeks.
– According to Calciomercato, Juventus are interested in signing Midtjylland midfielder Jens Cajuste. The Serie A club has been connected with a number of midfielders, as well as Aaron Ramsey and Adrien Rabiot, and it seems that the 22-year-old Sweden international is now on their radar.
– According to Football Insider, Dean Smith, who has taken over as Norwich City manager, is trying to sign Conor Hourihane on loan. The Irishman is now on loan at Sheffield United from Aston Villa, although he has failed to get playing time with the Blades. Villa, Smith hopes, will be able to recall the player and loan him out again.
– According to La Gazzetta dello Sport, AS Roma is likely to extend the contracts of Gianluca Mancini and Ebrima Darboe. The former is returning from international duty and will sign a contract that will keep him at the club until 2026, with a salary of more than €3 million a season; the latter will stay for the same amount of time.